The workshop was held to assess the feasibility and effectiveness of the five strategic methods that had been selected in the last second workshop held on 13 October 2011.
The content of the workshop including:
- Rainwater tanks for households
- Linkage of Urban Water Supply Systems: treatment plants
- Campaigns to improve pollution and waste management by raising community awareness relating to the use and protection of freshwater resources
- Construction and operation of cluster scale wastewater treatment plants for industries
- Household sanitation upgrades and cluster scale household wastewater treatment
The workshop was an important progress in approaching to concrete strategies and effectiveness for Can Tho city in its sustainable development and adaptation to climate change contributing and bringing long-term as well as short-term benefit for the city.