Securing future water services in view of climate change, while at the same time enhancing operational efficiency. This public private partnership (PPP) will improve drinking water supply by increasing availability and reducing climate change effects on three water companies in or adjacent to the Mekong Delta: Saigon Water Corporation (SAWACO), Soc Trang Water Supply Company, and Tra Vinh Water Supply and Drainage Company.
Climate change adaptation plans for the water companies will be drafted in close cooperation with the project partners. Furthermore, the PPP will reduce the water and energy footprint of these public water utilities.
Over the course of four years, the partners will cooperate to improve the level of operations of water utilities and reduce Non-Revenue Water (NRW). In Soc Trang, a new surface water treatment plant will be built. The activities of the project are supposed to lead to increased availability and improved quality of piped water in urban areas. The project will give extra effort to extend the water supply services to more low-income households.
Project partners are:
- Vitens Evides International (VEI)
- Saigon Water Corporation (SAWACO)
- Soc Trang Water Supply Company
- Tra Vinh Water Supply and Drainage Company
- People’s Committee of Soc Trang
- People’s Committee of Tra Vinh
- UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education
- Can Tho University – Dragon Institute, Mekong – Research Institute for Climate Change