“The 4th Boeing-CSIRO Advanced Earth Observation Forum in Vietnam: Applications for the Mekong Delta”
The Boeing-CSIRO Advanced Earth Observation (EO) project is a collaborative effort between Boeing Company of the USA and the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) of Australia to develop the EO scientific capability and its application/business sector for Vietnam. As part of the project activities in 2023, we will organize a 2-day forum entitled "The 4th Boeing-CSIRO Advanced Earth Observation Forum in Vietnam: Applications for the Mekong Delta" to introduce and apply advanced EO technology for sustainable development in the Mekong Delta from 2nd - 3rd March 2023 in Can Tho University, Viet Nam. The Forum is hosted by the Research Institute for Climate Change (DRAGON-Mekong Institute), Can Tho University (CTU), in collaboration Ho Chi Minh city Space Technology Application Center (STAC) of the Vietnam National Space Center (VNSC), and RYNAN Technologies Vietnam Joint Stock company (RYNAN) of My Lan Group.
- Objectives: to explore ways forwards to enhance EO applications for the Mekong Delta through:
- Introducing the latest EO technologies and/or experiences that could be applied to the Mekong Delta.
- Identifying values, opportunities and challenges of EO application.
- Gaining an understanding of the business ecosystem requirements to foster the EO application sector for Vietnam, with Mekong Delta as a case study.
- Time: From 02nd - 03rd March, 2023.
- Location: Learning Resource Center - Can Tho University (Campus 2, 3/2 street, Xuan Khanh, Ninh Kieu, Can Tho, Viet Nam).